Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Week 20 - Day 3

I checked the weather forecast before bed last night; it called for rain during the night and in the morning. So when I got up this morning, the first thing I did was look out the window. I was glad to see it wasn’t raining. It made me hopeful for the race Saturday; maybe the forecast will be wrong for it too. I have run the CM Half the past two years. 2004 it rained before the race and we got soaked waiting for it to start and 2005 it was cold. I am still hoping that this is the year for good weather. Anyway, about this morning. I started running at about 5:15 and I had run one mile when the rain started. It was just a light rain so I kept trudging along. The rain wasn’t bad except when I was running into the wind. I ran Maple Springs and Amberwood for a total of 5 miles. I ran just a little faster then yesterday, 46:46 for a pace of 9:22.
The kids have got to get in their last 2.2 miles tomorrow. That is all I am planning to do because it is suppose to be a rest day and I am working so that I can be off Friday. Still hope to be able to leave for Nashville at about 3:00. Check in to the hotel and head over to the expo.

1 comment:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I think the weather's gonna be fine. I have a good feeling about it.