Thursday, May 31, 2007

Not as Planned

In the excitement of posting about the GJCC, I forgot to post about my training.

Saturday I planned to do a hard, fast ride. So when Ronnie got home from golf at 3:00, I headed out on my bike. It didn’t go as I had planned. I ended up with 29.34 miles in 1:49:19. Not exactly burning it up.

Sunday I rested.

Monday I had planned to run at the race while everyone was out on their bikes, but with the way everyone was split up, I never had a chance. So I took another rest day.

Tuesday morning got up at 4:45. I planned another hard, fast ride. Again, I failed to produce. I ended up with 21.21 miles in 1:13:39.

Wednesday I met Lana at 4:45 at the Rec Center. We ran 4 miles in 35:52, 8:58 pace. Then we went to toning class, where the instructor tried to kill us again. Swim class was that night and it was tough. Ashley had me exaggerating my finish pull. I felt like a wet noodle when I got out of the pool.

This morning, I was too tired to get out of bed, so I skipped the ride I had planned and slept in. Turns out it was raining and no one rode anyway. Glad I didn’t get out of bed. Guess it is yet another rest day. Maybe I can get the kids to go around the block with me a few times.

This weekend is the Mach Tenn sprint tri. 0.6 mile swim, 16 mile bike, and 4 mile run. My husband is on a relay team, he is doing the run, so he and the kids will be at the race too. It is a super fun race and they have a great party after the race.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.

Brooke said...

ahh, don't sweat it.