Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Week 7 - Feeling Better

Monday was a recovery run. I met Lana, Mary Beth, and Gina at the Rec Center at 5:00am. We ran 2 loops of the greenway. 4 miles in 45:36, 11:23 pace. I am so excited for Mary Beth and Gina. 4 miles is a longer run for them but they did GREAT. We didn’t take it easy on them and forced them to run a couple of tough hills. Great job girls!! Maybe we can get one of you up to 13.1 by May????

Yesterday my kids got a package in the mail from my dad. Head lamps!! They were both so excited and ran all over the yard in the dark last night. I asked Casey if I could borrow hers this morning for my run and she said I could. Now I was excited.

So, I met Lana and Joe at 4:30 this morning. We ran Bushy Branch Road over to Holly’s, who put out water for us (Thanks), and back on Ragsdale. It was foggy, a cool 56, and DARK!! The head lamp worked great. No close calls with cars or inlets. I felt really good the entire run. Maybe recovery week is paying off now.
splits:
10:12, 9:29, 9:24, 9:20, 9:20, 10:20 (water and Gu), 9:07, 9:05, 8:54, 9:10, 8:56

6 comments:

TJ said...

the cooler weather has been great.
glad the recovery week is kicking in for you.

Marathon Maritza said...

Nice Michele, you're doing great!

And I'm so jealous of your headlamp! I need to get me one of those...

MNFirefly said...

You are looking good, Michele!

jen said...

Nice job! Sounds like you've recruited some new running buddies *evil laugh* !

I want a head lamp! Sounds perfect for these dark mornings.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Congrats Michelle on your TRI race...way to go!!...and glad ur recovering well!

Lance Notstrong said...

Headlamps? Not a bad idea :-)