Friday, November 30, 2007

Flying By

Man, this week just flew by. One week left until the main event!!! And the forecast isn't looking too good.


Wednesday I went to toning class. My abs were sore for two days afterward. I really need to do more core work, but when???

Thursday I met the group for 5 at 5 followed by a swim. We even had Lana's oldest and one of Mary Beth's sons join us. It is great to see kids that age interested in running.

Today I met Lana and Mike for a very cold ride. It was great to be outside on my bike. The sun was shining and I got warm quickly. Thanks Lana for making us climb the extra hill to get the blood really flowing.


After the ride, I hit the Starbucks. It is all Lana's fault. I don't drink coffee, I don't like it. But when we went to Florida at the first of the month, she made me stop at Starbucks on the way out of town. Then she insisted on buying me a coffee of some type. I liked it ok at the time. Then days later, I started craving one. I didn't give in until last week. Then I sent Lana a pic message blaming her. So what do I get yesterday??? A message from Lana about her coffee. Peppermint Mocha. I just had to try one. OMG!!! I think they put crack in those things. It was SO good. I am going to have to find a Starbucks addicts support group.

Speaking of Florida...today was the day. I coughed up the money and am now officially in for Ironman '08. I felt sick to my stomach the whole time I was signing up.

9 comments:

MNFirefly said...

I don't drink coffee myself. Chai tea drinker myself. Yum!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, they already have the tentative weather report up! Well, it looks about 26 degrees warmer at the start this year. Last year it was 18 degrees at 8am. Ever run in a poncho? :) You guys can out run the rain.

IronTriTim said...

White chocalate moca is my sin.

TJ said...

I'm a regular old coffee kinda guy. But that does look kind of tempting.
Laid down the cash huh...it's on now.

Lance Notstrong said...

Yuck on that forecast. Last year during the marathon I ran, it started raining from mile 23 to the end. But by then I was so numb it didn't matter :-)

Joe said...

Yeah, I've been tracking the forecast too. Let's hope it shifts this week. But if it rains, so be it, we'll figure it out.

Starbucks is about the opposite of Waffle House :-)

Tri2KeepUp said...

OK Michele... the money's paid, your name's on the list, and you have 11 months and some days to figure out how you're going to manage 140.6 miles? Good luck Iron-sister. You're not alone... and if you have questions about IMFLA, I'll be happy to help.

Darrell said...

Addicted and commited! Congrats on the IM entry. How many cups of Starbucks did that cost you? 8-)

6 days and counting!

Marathon Maritza said...

Whooo-hooo Ironman!!!!