Thursday, October 02, 2008

Ramblings

I don't have the time or energy to put together cohesive thoughts these days. So here is a list of randomness.

Training is still on track
Tuesday 1:10 bike followed by 45 minute run
Wednesday 3000 yard swim, followed by 1 hour bike and 40 minute run
Thursday rest day

We are having wonderful training weather. I was off work both Tuesday and Wednesday so got to do the workouts outside in the sunshine. Yesterday's ride was cool enough that I wore long sleeves.

Despite the beautiful weather my heart has not really been in the workouts. I am still just doing the time.

I am alternating between excitement and fear about Ironman. Reading other people's post about their training has me questioning my plan. I am not putting in any where near the time/mileage that other people are putting in. Will it be enough?

I am feeling really bad about Halloween this year. The race requires me to be in Florida Halloween night. We have decided to make it a family trip. I have waffled on this. I hate pulling the kids out of school. They are going to miss their class parties and the pumpkin painting contest. They will miss trick or treating. But I want them there to cheer for me. I want them there when I cross that finish line. So we are taking costumes and hope to find a way to let them trick or treat in Florida.

Turning 40 is more then just a number when you go in for your annual exam. I got poked in all new places.

While at the doctor, I complained to her about my inability to lose weight despite the amount of exercise I do and a very good diet. She decided I need some blood work done and hormone testing. I had already eaten that morning so had to go back for the blood work Wednesday morning.

Hormone testing requires spitting in a test tube first thing in the morning. It took me an hour this morning to spit enough to get that stupid tube full.

I am working on my 2009 plan. Flying Pig is May 3rd. Training will start Dec 15. I am still thinking about the 70.3 in New Orleans on April 5. The problem I am having is that the kids will be on Spring Break and I won't be home on Monday. I have no one to keep them that day while Ronnie goes to work. But if I can get it figured out, training will start Nov 17. Also on the radar for 09 is Vegas marathon in Dec and Atomic Man Half Iron in Sept.

3 comments:

Lauren Starks said...

We're trick-or-treating in PC also.

Jill Ann said...

My ex's family lives in PC - the Flatts. I'd be happy to call them and ask them about the kids coming to T or T over there. They are a very sweet, kind family...and we get along just great. Or, if you need someone to take them...I would totally do that for you.

PS. They can wear their costumes to help cheer...b/c we all dress up for the race too. I'm thinking about being J.Lo and her silliness training for the California triathlon! ha.

Don't worry..the training is pretty much over, you've done the work. Try not to compare your efforts and body to the others. Michele is Michele...and no one else.

As for the hormones..crap...I know more than I ever want to know about the 'mommy' parts, squishing breasts and hormone replacement therapy. We'll have to run long or ride...and I can fill you in...prepare Ronnie for the rollercoasters.

Darrell said...

Whew, you've planned into Dec 2009 already!?

I hope the tests can provide some answers for you.