Thursday, May 14, 2009

Offical

I made my break official this morning by canceling my room in Augusta. It was hard, but I really do believe necessary.

I am having a good week of training at "normal" people levels.
Sunday I did the P90X shoulders and arms.
Monday morning it was raining so I waited and ran that afternoon at 3:30. My Garmin wouldn't turn on or reset, I had to run naked. I ran for about 40 minutes. I tried to use Map My Run to figure out how far I ran but one of the roads was new and the program won't let me run over land. I went to swim class at 6:00 for 2550 yards.
Tuesday I slept in again then did chest and back while watching Biggest Loser.
Wednesday I got up at 4, ran 6 miles and went to toning class. Then another 2500 yards at swim class that evening.
Today I slept in and did P90X shoulders and arms again tonight. Upped the weight a little and my arms are TOAST.
If it's not raining in the morning I will run 6 before work. Rain = sleeping in

3 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Hey girl--you are totally doing the right thing here. But I understand how hard that is. When I saw all the races you had after IMNOLA, I thought, "Man...that's a LOT of long stuff--I would totally burn out from that." Some people can pull that off, but definitely not me--at least with my job and family. It's not easy to step back but I think sometime the mind and body just need a break. I have no doubt you'll come back recharged and even stronger than before!

Benson said...

You put me to shame with your training.
Great job and good decision. You'll be so much better for it.

Jill Ann said...

I 3rd the needed break! Your routine is still putting mine to shame though. Ugh!!

Hey, I would love to come out and do a leisure ride sometime over some of the hills. Email me offline sometime and I'll come out...or we can always meet somewhere.