Friday, June 23, 2006

Race Ready


Last night birthday celebration for Tracy made it extra hard to get up to go swim this morning.

But I did get up at 6:09, that’s right I waited on Ronnie’s second alarm to go off. I went potty and almost got right back in bed, but knowing that the alarm would be ringing every 9 minutes forced me to go ahead and get dressed. Turns out Ronnie decided to get up at 6:18, after only 2 snoozes. I could have slept undisturbed until 8:00.

I went to the Rec Center pool to get one last swim in before the race tomorrow. I wanted to make sure I could do my estimated time of 7:40. I swam 2x375 in 7:24 and 7:31 so with the 375 yards being just a little short of the 350 meters I will be swimming tomorrow I should be fine with my estimated time.

There are a lot of people racing this weekend. Good luck to Lana, Kim and Leslie who will all be smoking my butt at the McMinnville City Triathlon, Rae and Brent who are doing a 5k, DasiyDuc who is doing her first ever Tri, Joe who is going to do his first half marathon (maybe), Joseph who is doing a half Ironman, and anyone else I missed. Looking forward to the race reports.

3 comments:

Rae said...

Remind me not to go whereever you guys were for my birthday!!!!

Good luck this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian said...

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!