Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ready for a Moon Pie

Today was my final day of training before the RC Cola Moon Pie 10 Mile Run. I got up at 5:15 and went to the Rec center. Lana and I had talked about a 5 mile run at 5:30 but I had not heard from her so wasn’t sure if she was going to make it or not. Turned out to be a not but her sister Holly showed up to run so I ran with her. She was having some foot issues so I just let her set the pace. Bonnarro starts today so I took my camera on the running hoping for some interesting shots. We ran up jail hill and thru town. We ran up 55 to the Middle School/Interstate but they were already letting people in the gates so there were no photo ops. 2002 there where cars sitting on the interstate for 8 plus hours. We headed back to the Rec Center via the greenway. Holly split off at Rayfields and I ran up Jail Hill AGAIN and then down the stairs back to the parking lot. 4.1 miles in 40:24.
By this afternoon my calves were really starting to remind me of how great toning class was Tuesday. I decided to swim a little. My next tri is a 350m swim so I decided to swim 400’s. My pool is only 40 feet long so it takes 30 lengths to equal 400 yards, if I did my math right. I kept losing count but know that I did at least 30 lengths each time. The 5th set I got my kids to help me out. I lined up diving sticks and told them each time I got to their wall to drop one in and when they ran out of sticks to jump in the pool. When they jumped in I would know I had one lap to go. Worked like a charm (after the first lap when they tossed in two sticks and I had to stop and explain things again). Total swim time for 2000 yards = 50:39.
I am taking tomorrow off in preparation for my run. Good luck to Lana, Holly, David and LPM at Bell Buckle and everyone else who is racing this weekend.

6 comments:

Rae said...

Good luck this weekend!! You guys are going to do AWESOME!!!

You couldn't pay me enough to go to Bonaroo!! UGH!!!!

Janet Edwards said...

Good luck this weekend!

Now that is an innovative way to count laps!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Saturday.... I know you will take the Hill. Hope to see you there.

Brooke said...

Great way to involve the kiddo's.

Joe said...

Good luck in the race. I didn't know that RC Cola still existed. I guess I've been living under a rock...

Unknown said...

Whew, was that hot or what? How did you do?