Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Darkness

Yesterday, Tuesday, I got up and met Kim and Tisha at 5:10 but it had been raining and was still very cloudy and therefore, dark. We decided that it just wasn't safe to be riding so we canceled it. I SHOULD have gone ahead and run but I went home and got back into bed instead. I told myself that when Ronnie's alarm went off I would get up and run. Didn't happen. So at about 10:00, I got the kids dressed and on their bikes. We made it about 3 houses down the road before Bryce crashed into the ditch and didn't want to ride anymore. So we went home and sat by the pool. I decided to swim some laps. I got in twenty-five 40' lengths before the kids got bored with that. I did make it to toning class and yoga so yesterday wasn't a total bust.

This morning I got up at 4:50 again in hopes of making up for yesterday. Well, I didn't make up for anything. I ran but it was slow. I ran my 6 miles in just under an hour. I will give myself credit for sticking to it. I wanted to just quit so many times and the loops give me lots of opportunity to do just that. But I toughed it out and logged the miles. Today was about quantity not quality!!!

Non-running note:

The tooth fairy was very sleepy Monday evening but did manage to stop by our house and leave Bryce a dollar. Now his other front tooth is just hanging on. I am hoping that it doesn't fall out before Friday. Casey is still a little disappointed that she hasn't lost any teeth and since tomorrow is her birthday I hate for the tooth fairy to pay Bryce a visit.



I have been in a major funk.
I think it is because of all the signs that summer is coming to an end. It is still dark when I get up to workout, it is getting cooler in the evenings and mornings, school starts a week from Friday, and there are yellow leaves everywhere (ok that is from lack of rain, but it makes it look very fallish).
I am also sick of getting up so early EVERY morning and then only getting marginal workouts because I am so tired.
I have gained about 4 pounds and really don’t know why; I don’t feel like I am eating any worse then normal.
I need some me time that doesn’t involve exercise.
The kids are fighting more then normal.
See major funk!!!!

5 comments:

Trisaratops said...

School starts a WEEK from Friday?!!!! OMG! I have until the 23rd and I thought THAT was early.

Hey, the tooth fairy only gave me a quarter! She must adjust for inflation.

Great job on gettin' out there and running!

LeahC said...

i feel your funk! i guess all there is to do is keep getting up and getting the workouts in and hope the funk passes you by.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I am in the funk too, as you know. You gotta get out of it before Saturday, though. You're gonna do great at Cedars!

SRR said...

It does suck that summer is almost over...but think, comfy sweaters & blue jeans perhaps.

Tooth fairy huh? Do you get more depending on what tooth comes out?

Brooke said...

WoW!! School starts early there. I go back the 16th and the kiddo's go back on the 25th. I wish they were going back sooner...

Your funk will pass.