Wednesday, July 19, 2006

New Top Speed

I met Kim, Tisha and Ray this morning at 5:10 at the Rec Center. Lana called my cell to let me know she wasn’t going to make it due to some hamstring issues.

We rode a modified Normandy loop. Today I hit a new top speed going down the hill of 42.9 mph. Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Tisha was in a hurry because she had a 7:30 patient coming in so she and Ray went ahead. I never realized just how much we hold them back. I don’t know why they ride with us. But I do know that I am getting better because if it.

I just got an email from Team Magic, the race directors for the Waterfront Tri. Seems that some people only made one loop on the bike and others didn’t run all the way to the turn around. So they got DQed and I have moved up. New standings: 24 of 47 in age group and 451 of 869 overall!!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

42 mph!! I better be in a car if I'm going that fast. You go girl, you have more guts than I do.

Joe said...

42.9 mph! I hope you have good health insurance! :-)

Dubs said...

Congratulations on the new placement! Glad to see they kept an eye out and DQ'ed them!

I would be a mess going that fast! But then again, I can't bike anyway.