Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Alone Time

Monday was suppose to be a rest day but my husband is going on his semi-annual golf trip this week so I can’t make swim class on Wednesday. Therefore, I made the hour long drive to Brentwood ALONE (Lana had T-ball practice).

Ashley had us doing a circuit training class that went like this
1st station: Abs
Plank, crunches, oblique, flutter, and scissors
2nd station: Legs
Repeat 6 times
10 squats, 10 step up on bleachers, 30 sections of vertical kick in pool, and 50 yard swim
3rd station: ArmsRepeat 12 times
30 sections pull on band, 30 section rest
4th station: Lungs
Repeat 2 times
25 yards with 4 breaths, 25 yards with 3 breaths, 25 yards with 2 breaths, 25 yards with 1 breath, 25 yards with no breaths, and 20 pull up on side of pool

Not what I was expecting but it sure made time go by fast.

Today, Tuesday, is my first day off work with no kids and nothing to be at school for in a long time. I dropped the kids at school and since it is still cold here I opted to do my 30 minute tempo ride on the trainer. I then changed into warmer clothes and ran for 30 minutes outside. I covered 3.34 miles for an 8:58 pace.

Now off to enjoy my day off alone!!!!

6 comments:

Joe said...

Whew, that Lungs station is rough. Alone days are precious.

Anonymous said...

Just reading this made me work up a sweat. I hope you had a good day off.

Lance Notstrong said...

You should schedule a massage!!!

Phil said...

Now that's a great pace. Fantanstic workout

MNFirefly said...

I say ditto on Lance's comment. A massage is so worth it! I hope you enjoyed your me-time.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Alone time is good stuff!