Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Arm Warmers in July

Here it is the second of July, I should NOT be using the word cold to describe my ride. But it was.
The Plan:
Bike-30 minutes easy spin in small chain ring, zone 1 only
Run-60 minutes on flat course, zone 1-2
Swim-2400 yards (300 Individual Medley, 3x150 free, 3x150 back, 3x150 breast, 3x150 kick board, 300 free easy)
I got up at 4:45 and was at the Rec Center ready to ride at 5:15. I was cold even with arm warmers on. I just did an out an back on the highway. Got in 8 miles.
Then I ran. The cold felt much better once I was on foot. I ran a few hills just because it is hard to find 6+ miles of flat road around here. I ended up with 6.39 miles.
Next it was inside to swim. This is the first time I have done the butterfly in YEARS. Man, that is one hard stroke. I had to skip 2 of the 3 sets of kick. I ran out of time, can't make Ronnie late for work.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you posting again....

teacherwoman said...

It was only 61 when I left for the pool this morning in shorts and t-shirt. I was cold! :)

Darrell said...

You are a rock star for getting all that done so early in the morning.

jen said...

Nice work! I wore my arm warmers yesterday too.

Belated congrats on your tri! :)

MNFirefly said...

I would love to do early morning run, but I would have to head to work.

Lisa said...

This is the 2nd post about arm warmers I've seen today. Wow!