Friday, November 03, 2006

Getting Ready for Goodlettsville

Yesterday was my scheduled rest day and even though I was not doing my long run today I went ahead and rested. The main reason for resting was that I was just too lazy to get out of bed any early then I had to yesterday.
So this morning I got up at 5:30 and went to the pool. I swam 1750 yard in 37ish minutes. I felt fine while swimming but seem to be in a rut. After the marathon in Dec, I am going to have to work on my swimming more.
Tomorrow is the Goodlettsville half. Lana, Tracy, and I ran it last year for their inaugural event. We made the website, so Lana and I felt it our duty to return this year. There are 3 hills that really kicked my butt last year; I hope I am better prepared this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck running the half.

Phil said...

Best of luck on Sunday. I know you'll do great! Can't wait for the race report

Rae said...

Good luck! Give Mile 12 hill a salute from me!!

I'm sure one of these days we will be at the same race again!!!!