Monday, November 06, 2006

Ugggg...Sick

Well, I thought if I just ignored it, it would go away. Not so.
Yesterday I attempted a bike ride. It was a beautiful day, perfect for a great ride. I was miserable. The wind blowing in my ears was painful and I could not breathe. I was reminded of those days when I first got my bike and HATED it. I couldn’t wait to be done.
When I finally did get home I went steady down hill.
I went to bed early and did not bother to set my alarm for speed work this morning.
This morning I was still feeling bad so I called in sick to work.
I have spent the morning on the couch and am going to go take a nap now.
Hope this thing clears up soon. I have my last 20 miler scheduled for Friday.

6 comments:

jen said...

Aww! You're smart taking the day off (work and running). Get some rest and don't worry a bit about missing the run, you're much better off skipping it. Get well soon!

Brooke said...

Hope you feel better soon!!

Trisaratops said...

Oh no! I agree with Jen--you're definitely doing the right thing by resting up and taking some time off. Hydrate and sleep lots, and hope you feel better soon!

Phil said...

Take some time off Michele. You're sick. Make sure you stay hydrated and don't fret about missing a speed day. You're body will thank you later.

Get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get well soon....

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like the crap I was dealing with this weekend....I hope you feel better soon!