Sunday, July 05, 2009

Returning Soon

I started this blog back in the fall/winter of 2005 when I was training for my first marathon. I wanted a record of my training. I wanted to be able to go back and see how I felt on my long runs, where I ran, and what I ate/drank. I wanted to be held accountable.
I ran that marathon in April 2006 and then decided to give a tri a try. Again I used this blog as a means to record my progress. I did my first tri July of 2006.
Along the way, I "met" a lot of great people here and been inspired to push myself harder then I ever thought possible.
I have continued to train for race after race and continued to blog about it. I have gone back and read prior years race reports the night before doing the same race again as a way to prepare myself.
But right now I am not really training for anything. I have a few sprint distance tris that I plan to do at the end of August/first of September, but I am not on a plan. I am just doing what I want, what I feel like. Therefore I have not been blogging.
All that will change August 17th when I start training for the Vegas marathon.

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

I look forward to your return.

Benson said...

enjoy some summer time.
see you later.