Friday, October 02, 2009

The Shift

Things have shifted this week.
After the rain finally got out of here, the temps dropped. We now have perfect running weather, even in the afternoon.
Since there was no swim class this week, I slept in and did both my Monday speed work and Wednesday tempo runs in the afternoons. Then while I was at it, I slept in on Tuesday and Thursday and did my cross training on the trainer in the evening while watching TV. I felt great on all my workouts. Got close to the required pace on the 6 x800's on Monday. Then nailed my long tempo pace on Wednesday on my 8 mile run. The trainer rides were nothing special but filled the cross training requirement of my plan.
My long run this week will be at The Middle Half tomorrow, making today a rest day.

2 comments:

jen said...

We've had a pretty significant shift here this week too. It's lovely. Except the rain.. Great job on the tempo run and other training and good luck on the half!

Angie said...

I've been running 4 times a week and I applaud you. I admit, I've gotten faster and better but I still cannot see me running 5 miles or more. And getting up at 4:00 AM!!?? Forget about it! Keep it up.

Your new running friend.