Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Rut

I get in a rut when I am without a training program. Usually it is either run 6 miles, ride 20 miles, or swim 1 mile. But this rut is worse then usual. I still can't swim, waiting on the tat to heal. It is too cold to ride outside and I know I will be getting plenty of trainer time starting Dec 14th. So I just can't make myself do that. Heck my race wheels are still on my bike.
So that leaves running 6 miles. And that is that I have been doing. In the cold early mornings, I bundle up in my cold gear and fleece and run my 6 mile loop. No speed, no tempo, no hill repeats, just an easy 6 mile run.
I have also been attending toning class on Wednesday mornings at 5:30 and Friday mornings at 8:00. So I guess I am getting a little variety.
This mornings toning class was extra intense due to tomorrow being Thanksgiving. I think it was totally unfair since I won't be pigging out on Turkey and all the fixins. Ronnie has to work on Friday so we aren't going to his family's house. I am not cooking for the 4 of us since my kids won't eat all the "stuff". So we are going to make a big pot of spaghetti and work on our floors. I am also getting up and going to the rec center for the Thanksgiving day run, where I will run 6 miles.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Six miles is a good recovery distance! Have a GREAT Thanksgiving!

TJ said...

I'd much rather have spaghetti than some caserole. :)

Marathon Maritza said...

have a happy thanksgiving!! It's really more about the fam than having turkey anyway, right? :)

jen said...

Happy Thanksgiving Michele!

Hope you post a pic of the new tattoo when it's healed up. :)

Darrell said...

Oh heck, make it 6.5. It is a holiday after all.

Love the new header!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Missy said...

I'm the SAME way. They say do what you feel like. Well, I CAN become a couch potato. Tried lifting on Monday and I still hurt everywhere. I have to come up with some kind of 'schedule' soon! Happy Thanksgiving!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Michele! Are you guys getting hardwood?!?!

Iain said...

I feel your pain Michele.
I've done 1 swim and 3 runs since Florida. The runs have to be kept stupidly short too because I picked up a niggle at the race. My bike is still in the bike box which is still in my car. I haven't even opened it, for all I know the baggage handlers could have totally wrecked it. Worst thing it that I'm not really missing the training either, I'm quite enjoying just getting fat.