Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What's Next?

The scabs on my neck from my wetsuit are almost gone.

Looks like I am only going to lose two toenails.

I got the tat.

I have done three nice slow 6 mile runs, ab ripper 3 times and an hour of toning class.
So now it is time to address the question I have been asked dozens of times since I crossed the finsh line in Florida.
What's next???
Last night I registered for this:

It was filling up and training is suppose to start next week. Time to commit. Guess I better get on BT and get the plan now.
I have also booked a room in Cincinnati for this:I have not registered for the race yet but will before the price increase. Running it with David. We haven't discussed goals yet, BQ or just a fun run???. I am going to use the FIRST program again so training won't start for it until mid January. It will be a blending of training programs, worked for the Country Music Marathon and Rock'nRollman so should this time too.
David and I are also going to run Tom King again on March 14th.
So there it is, my plan for the first half of '09. Well the big races anyway, haven't even looked at any of the shorter stuff.

Tom King half marathon March 14
New Orleans 70.3 April 5
Flying Pig marathon May 3

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

A BQ at the pig???? Something to think about!

Marathon Maritza said...

you are seriously my hero! You rock!

Old Man said...

shouldn't you change the name of your blog? :)

Missy said...

Nice ink! How about the new 70.3 in Georgia this year!?!?!

Michele said...

yes, Georgia is on my plan too but that is second half of the year. But guess I better look at the fee schedule.

TJ said...

Cool Tat!

Lisa said...

Oh my, your poor little neck...

"Flying Pig" should be fun!

Holly Jane said...

Awesome! I'm amazed that you are already up for more formal training :-) Cool!

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Great tat~!That's where I put mine, too because that little area never has a fat day. ;-)

Jill Ann said...

Awesome Tat!!

BQ at FP?? I don't want to be discouraging...but it's a hard course...ran it to mile 18 in 2001...and then walked the rest b/c it was a scorcher. I am going to Ogden, UT 5/17/09 net downhill for last 8 miles and 1000 feet. Wanna go?? We both need that elusive BQ 3:50.

MNFirefly said...

Awesome tat!

As for the repeat Ironman, way to go!

kmholt7 said...

Great update on your blog banner!

Rae said...

You just don't rest, do you? We ran the Pig a couple of years ago and LOVED it! People over-hype it as being hilly, and it's not tough at all. One long hill and then a VERY long downhill! It's one I'd def do again!

TriShannon said...

I feel for you with the neck scabs - been there!

Nice tattoo!!

Chloe said...

Congrats on IM New Orleans! We'll see you there :)

Chloe