Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Can't Facebook Everything

I just don't seem to have the time to blog. I know part of the problem is the ease of facebook. Slapping up a couple of sentences is so easy. I was able to shout out my excitement that The Middle Half happens to fall on a day that my training plan will call for a 13 miler. I could admit how bad I suck at push ups and pull ups P90X style. I was even able to fess up to my total slackerness when I skipped both my run and swim class on Monday. But facebook doesn't work for everything, some things just need more detail.
Sunday is just one of many examples.
Jill came down from the big city for an early morning ride in the country. I picked a 30 mile route that I hoped would give a good county experience, and it did not disappoint. We saw goats, almost ran into a buzzard eating road kill, got chased by LOTS of dogs and had a deer run across the road in front of us...just to name a few. It was unseasonably cold and we ended with a pretty strong head wind. I really enjoyed showing Jill around and having a social ride where we never even thought about mph. It reminded me how much I love to ride my bike. And now that daylight is coming early, I hope to start getting some early morning rides in. It just needs to warm back up again.

I am also enjoying working in some P90X workouts. I am not going to commit to the 90 days or all the workouts. So far I have just done the shoulders and arms DVD 3 times and the chest and back DVD once. I might try some of the others as I feel like it.

Tomorrow I hope to get up early and go to the Rec Center and lift legs again. Friday it kicked my butt and I was sore for a couple of days. Maybe I can finally get rid of this cottage cheese on my thighs/butt.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I'm with you. I could hardly run yesterday, cccoooold. Body wouldn't move. I think I'm going to do the middle half too! Yay. Not sure of your target pace for that one but I have some in mind...

Benson said...

I vote for you blogging more than facebook.
Good update and keep up the good training.

Jill Ann said...

I loved the country. Not the dogs, but the deer, goats, and, yes, even the buzzards! Thanks for showing me the beautiful area...I now know why folks live where you live.

The ride, though it was slow, kicked my butt. My hammies were crying on Monday...thanks for taking it Granny slow for me.