Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Humidity


This humidity is killing me. It has been raining for days. I have somehow managed to squeeze my workouts in between storms, but man it is humid!!!
My pace is really suffering too. My speed work outs have been nowhere close to the required pace. Garmin Guy beat me on my tempo run. And the long runs...they have been ugly!! My 20 miler 2 weeks ago turned out to be a 14 mile run, 4 mile run/walk and a 2 mile shuffle. I managed to run all of my 18 miler last week but it was slow and I could NOT have gone a step further.
I am a summer girl, love the heat, but I am even reaching the point that I am ready for cooler temps. I just hope that with cooler temps will come less humidity and I gain some speed.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Drought my ass, I'm floating away over here!

david said...

In the last 10 days we have had 5.5 inches of rain! I am ready for Fall. Looks like we may have some good weather to run the Middle Half next week!

Jill Ann said...

I am glad you said this...b/c my 21 miler last weekend turned into a 19 mile death march and I've been beating myself up all week about it.

Ok, prayers for cooler weather...ASAP!!!