Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Long Run #3

Once again I shifted my workouts around due to racing on this Saturday.
Sunday would have been a ride except my bike had no seat so I took a rest day.
Monday was speedwork. Did it bright and early and missed goal paces on all the intervals. Monday evening was swim class, 2500 yards. She took it easy on us.
Tuesday was another rest day.
Today was long run #3, 17 miles. I got up at 3am and out the door at 3:15. I ran a diffeent route on roads that I knew where in good shape. No falls this week. But I did run slower (9:57) then goal pace (9:32). My ankle is pretty sore. I took an ice bath after my run and have been putting ice on my ankle all day.

Good news...bike part came today. Now I need to figure out my correct seat height and take a test ride tomorrow.

Big news...(it is old news if you are a facebook friend)
I am IN!!!!!

6 comments:

Jill Ann said...

Girl!! I will be in KY next year for more cheering and picture taking...and more 140.6 drink fest. Tell Ronnie to get his gut ready. And...I'll be signing up for '11.

Hope you'll still invite me to train with you...b/c I sure gotta get faster than my pathetic bike riding self.

Unknown said...

This is exciting!

Marci said...

The looks and sounds of Ironman registration... soooooooooo sweet :)

jen said...

Cool Michele! I bet your year of less racing will pay off big time.

Great long run. 3:00 am is crazy!

MNFirefly said...

Awesome!

Isela said...

That is so cool! Congratulations!