Saturday, December 22, 2007

FINALLY

Today I finally rode my bike!!! Actually, I rode her yesterday, but that was just one time around the block with the kids. Didn't get a good feel for her. But today, I did a Spinervals DVD and put her to a good hard workout. I think a new saddle is in my future. I am going to give this one a few more rides but today it was OUCH!!! I still can't wait to get her out on the open road but I am a wimp and don't do cold and/or windy riding. Might be spring before I get her outside :(

In complete contrast to my joyful riding, yesterday I had a BAD run!!! I got up at 5:00. It was pitch black again. No stars, no moon. I was jumpy again. I wish running scared = running fast. But it didn't. When Garmin beeped one mile, I was shocked. What only one? How can that be? I almost turned around and went home. I wasn't feeling the love. I made a deal with myself. It was suppose to be a 13 mile run, but if I would just continue I would cut it short with just the 8 mile loop. 8 miles never felt so LONG!!! I even had to run past my house to hit 8 miles but I did it. It wasn't the scheduled 13 but it was better then 2.

Thursday's 5 at 5 was much better. Mike had emailed he would be there but then sent me a text that he couldn't make it. No one else had said they would be running so I just headed out when I got to the rec center. I was about 400 feet into my run when I got a text from Holly saying she was on her way. I turned around, reset Garmin, and stretched waiting for her. We had a great run. I was glad to have company on a run again. Running alone sucks (almost as much as getting old). After the run I swam 1750 yards, couldn't talk Holly into joining me. I felt good in the water. I was slow but I am really trying to get my form right before I start going to swim class again in January.

I know there are going to be some missed runs in the next few days, but I am not stressing over it. It is my Christmas present to myself, flexibility!!!

8 comments:

TriBoomer said...

Have a Merry (and flexible) Christmas!

Stay tuned...

jkrunning said...

Have a great holiday!

Lisa said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Bike year to you. :)

Dying Water Buffalo said...

I've had those runs where nothing clicks and it just sucks. Flexibility sounds like a good gift :) Merry merry, Michelle!

teacherwoman said...

Happy Holidays, Michele!

Firefly's Running said...

Merry Christmas, Michele!

Lana said...

Merry Christmas!! Glad you got to test out your new bike!

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is