Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Older = Slower

Because of the USAT age up rule I have been saying I am 39 since May, but today it became official. And apparently being older has made me slower. Monday morning I got up at 4:15, after Sunday evening's Girl's Night Out, and ran 9 miles in 1:27:29. Then this morning I got up at 4:15 and ran 9 miles in 1:31:04. And that was after only half a glass of wine and going to bed at a decent hour.
Getting old sucks!!!
Well, not totally. There are the presents.
And I got the best one this year, thanks daddy!!!!
Monday evening I made the long haul up to Goodletsville to Acme Multi Sport and picked up my bike. They are totally awesome up there and my bike is SWEET!!!! I am dying to ride it. I had hoped to at least get on the trainer yesterday, but with work, going to Wal-mart to get party food and treat bags, putting together treat bags, and reading with the kids so that they could get their required AR points for the week, I just never had time. Maybe this weekend.

13 comments:

TriSonq said...

Happy Birthday Michele!

Lisa said...

Another Sag b-day! Hope you get out on the bike and blow everyone away soon. :)

Phil said...

Happy Birthday Michele! You just crack me up sometimes. I'm very sure that from your perspective, 39 seems old; from my vantage point, you're a spring chicken. You'll be running when I'm long gone.

Don't fret about your age, I got beat over 30K by a 56 year-old female on Sunday. It seems that your gender just gets strong and strong as you age.

David said...

If older = slower, then I've always got a good excuse. Have a Great birthday!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Happy SWEET ASS Bike B-day!!! Congrats on ur New Bike!! Well at least we are still moving vs 95 % of America ...slow or not---and bye the way ummmm thats not that slow!

Enjoy UR Day!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Happy Birthday!! That is a great b-day gift. I'll look for you flying past me at GCT in May.

Holly Jane said...

Happy Happy birthday! Very nice bike!

TJ said...

yep. you're over the hill. you really should just hand that bike over to me before you hurt yourself. :)
happy birthday!

Joe said...

Awesome birthday!! Get some good weather for your first outing on the bike, so you can savor it!!!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Happy Birthday!

DV said...

happy birthday michelle! oh i'm so jealous of that bike - congratulations!!!

Joe said...

> Getting old sucks!!!

Indeed! My joints are really good at reminding me of that fact.

Merry Christmas, BTW.

Darrell said...

Oops, looks like the new bike is a birthday present. Happy Birthday (a little late, sorry)