Friday, December 07, 2007

This Is It

Well, this is it...I have followed the plan, done the training. Now it is time to put my body to the test.
I don't know if I have a sub 4 hour in me but I am going to give it my all and just be happy when I cross that finish line.

I finished up this week with a 6 mile recovery run Monday morning. 58:15, 9:43 pace. It was harder then it should have been.

Tuesday morning was a "dress rehearsal". 7 miles with 2 at marathon pace. 1:03:53, 9:08 pace. The two pace miles were done in 8:38 and 8:33. Much too fast. Hope I can do a better job of pacing myself tomorrow.

Wednesday was a rest day.

Thursday was 5 miles with 6 x 100. 46:04, 9:12 pace

This morning was my last 4 mile recovery run. I ran it at 5, just doing loops of my neighborhood. 37:36, 9:25 pace.

I am leaving in the morning at about 4:30-5:00. It is about an hour and a half to two hour drive. Start time is 8am.

I have done all I can do, now it is time to go and enjoy the race.

6 comments:

monicac2 said...

Good luck!!! You rock - you can do it!!!

jen said...

Best of luck Michele!!

You have put in many hours of running and have ran some really impressive paces. Your training really points to a sub 4 marathon. You worked hard and you deserve it! Now go get that 3:xx finish time and have fun doing it! :) Goooooo Michele! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

Rae said...

Ha! I guess it's fitting you early birds are driving down the morning of! Good luck and best wishes tomorrow, you're going to do GREAT!

Lauren Starks said...

Have a great race!!!

Phil said...

Good luck Michele .. you're ready to rock 'n roll. Looking forward the race report.

Di said...

looking forward to the report!!