Monday, December 08, 2008

The Weekend


I am glad I am not famous. After a weekend of gluttony the pregnancy rumors would be flying. I would be the one on the cover of the rags with an arrow pointing at my belly and "experts" claiming that I am at least 3 month pregnant.
I started the weekend out being good. I did a 10 mile run early Friday morning then went to toning/cardio class. I ate a smart breakfast and lunch. But Friday night I had popcorn (a veggie) and wine (a fruit) for dinner and brownies for dessert. They were diet brownies but I ate too many.
Feeling guilty Saturday I went for a 5 mile run. Then we went to Demos' where I ate my weight in bread. And as if that were not bad enough, we went out for ice cream afterward.
Sunday I spent the day making cookies and candy with my kids. And we all know you can't make it without eating it. I gave most of it away to neighbors but I still managed to have a major tummy ache but the end of the day.
So this morning I got up at 4 to pay for my sins. I ran my usual 6 mile loop and then did the ab ripper DVD. I swore to be good today. But one look at the candy and I was a goner. Got another belly ache.
The madness must end or I will be looking like a pig at The Pig.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who got to lick the bowl?

Lisa said...

Thank God for guilt! If it were not for guilt, I'd be a goner.

Missy said...

No joke...I've written of this whole time b/t Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's bad. Copious amounts of liquid calorie!

monicac2 said...

I am so glad this happens to you, too! At least I'm not alone! :)

TriShannon said...

I've given up on even attempting to make cookies. I eat too many in the process. And I definitely cannot have them just laying around my house. Too tempting!