Sunday, December 14, 2008

What Matters

Today is the first day of training for New Orleans 70.3. The Plan called for a 50 minute run and a 4750 yard swim.
So my plan was to get up early before Ronnie left for golf to get the run in then take the kids with me to the pool for the swim once it opened.
BUT....today is Bryce's 10th birthday.
I got up and ran this morning before Ronnie left. When the kids woke up Bryce wanted Cracker Barrel for breakfast. So I got cleaned up an we went out to eat. They both picked out some Webkinz then we went to Wal-mart to return a duplicate gift. We got home and adopted the new pets, worked on the new Lego sets and were just having birthday fun. I could not make myself drag the kids to the pool to hang out for a couple of hours while I did a 4750 yard swim on Bryce's birthday.
Now it is too late and I have missed the very first swim but I don't feel the least bit guilty. My son is having a wonderful birthday and that is what really matters.
Now it is time to go out for birthday dinner, again.

6 comments:

Jill Ann said...

Happy Birthday Bryce! He is the same age as Joe's little Grace. Maybe sometime we can get them together...they would have a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Family always trumps training in my book...Sounds to me like a GREAT day!

Missy said...

I'm with ya, gotta celebrate and 4750 in the pool isn't it..at least for him! Glad to hear you're back at it. I'm still just playing around:)

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

No doubt, that is what matters. Good call, Michele.

Anyways, 4750 yds???? Geez! For the first swim?!?!

Steve Stenzel said...

Happy B-Day to Bryce!!

And we'll be doing IM NO together!!! See you there!!!

TJ said...

Wow. That's a big swim on day one!
Sounds like yall had a great day.