Saturday, March 28, 2009

Last Ride

We have been getting a LOT of rain this week. Therefore I have had to do some workouts inside, squeezed some in between showers, and got wet doing others.

Yesterday I got soaked on my 20 mile run, rained for all but the first 4 miles. And today's forecast looked like I was going to get just as wet on my ride. At 7:30 I let the dog out and saw it wasn't raining so I quickly put my Zipps on my bike and took off. I did the whole 1:45 and never got wet. Funny since the forecast called for rain ALL day.
The good news it these are the same forecasters who have called for rain in New Orleans next weekend.I hope they are just as wrong as they were today!!
Today was my last ride befor race day. I dropped my bike off at Acme for transporting down to New Orleans. I have never done a race that I didn't take my bike with me. They promised to take good care of her.

3 comments:

Missy said...

OH, I hate letting the baby bike go...I totally understand. She'll be fine fo sho. Lots of trainer and dreadmill around here, rain, winds, barf.

Trisaratops said...

At least warm rain is better than cold rain, right...?

(I'm prepping myself just in case)

;)

Benson said...

Ah yes, spring training and spring showers. You did well.
She'll be fine.