Friday, March 13, 2009

Behind

I am behind on my blogging, behind on my training, behind on my house cleaning, behind on my sleep...
So in an attempt to catch up on one thing, here is a quick recap of what I have been up to.

I paid for the weekend of too much food and beer on Monday's early run with stomach troubles again. I got through the warm up, the 1 mile interval, and the 2 mile interval. At that point I was near home and knew I could not run a step more without messing up my pants. So I called it a day, skipping my swim too.
Tuesday, still not use to day light savings time, I decided to sleep in and do my trainer ride that evening. It was beautiful out and I was really wishing I could ride outside but no one to keep kids so trainer riding it was. Nothing impressive. I think it was 1:20 while watching TV.
Wednesday morning it was up at 4am for a 6 mile tempo run that I didn't even come close to making pace on and an hour of toning class. And then I skipped swim class Wednesday evening. So my swim total for the week is a big fat ZERO!!!
Yesterday and today are "taper" days getting ready for my first race of the year, the Tom King 1/2 marathon. The forecast is not looking good, might be a repeat of last year only colder. Today is actually suppose to be my 3rd 20 miler so I have to figure out how to get some extra miles in tomorrow.

3 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Good luck at Tom King, Michele!

Anonymous said...

You can count tomorrow as the tempo run! We are going to have to run fast to stay warm. Looks like we are going to get wet no matter regardless!

jen said...

Good luck at the half!