Sunday, March 01, 2009

In Like a Lion

March sure came "in like a lion". This is the scene that greeted me when I went to let the dog out this morning.And since the threat of snow pretty much brings us southerns to our knees, I don't guess we will be going anywhere for a while.
I am glad all I have on my training plan is an hour and a half trainer ride. Ronnie has a two hour run. Looks like he is in for some FUN!!!

Yesterday I got up early. Each of my kids had a friend spend the night and the dog woke one of them up. So since I was up I got started on painting the kitchen. The old color does not match the new tile. I painted for a while the set up my trainer for another LONG ride. I did 50.7 miles in 3 hours, not a good as last week. After the ride I threw on a fleece shirt, hat and gloves and did my 30 minute run off, 3.25 miles. It was cold and wet. Then I finished painting. Well, I painted until I ran out of paint. Now with this snow, I don't know when I will be able to get out and get the paint so I can finish.

Everyone is still sleeping but I am sure as soon as the kids wake up and look out the window we will be getting bundled up for a snow ball fight, snow men, and snow angles.

5 comments:

Missy said...

Everyone will be freaking OUT with all this snow, I tell ya! Hope you have your bread and milk;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you got a lot more snow that we did in Nashville. Forecast is for 70 degree weather by next weekend. You got to love the weather here in Tennessee!

Darrell said...

Incredible! We had a beautiful sunny day with temps in the mid 80's. But there is rain on the way according to the weather heads.

jen said...

Wow! Hope you guys had a fun snow day. :)

Marci said...

How can you sit on your trainer for that long???