Thursday, April 02, 2009

Only the Race is Left

Well, I have finished my training. I skipped more workouts then I would have liked and training for a marathon at the same time has required some shifting and juggling. But I feel good about what I did get done and as ready as I have ever been.
I have high hope for New Orleans. It will be my third Half Iron and I am just coming off Ironman Florida. I have already gotten a half marathon PR and 10K PR this year. I am hoping for a new 70.3 PR as well.
The half irons I have done have been in mid and late May and hotter then HE**! Maybe New Orleans in early April won't be quite as hot. The forecast has changed a million times, like I knew it would. But it does look like we will have some nice weather at least most of the weekend.
I am not looking for a big improvement in my swim time.
07 was 41:28
08 was 40:00
I do, however, hope to improve on both the bike and run.
07 bike 3:03:27
08 bike 2:58:53
07 run 2:19:07
08 run 2:06:26
I go out in the last wave at 8:27. And given a perfect day, I hope to finish at 1:57. But anything before 2:15 is a PR and will make me a happy girl.
I am looking forward to meeting some bloggy peeps. I am wearing my yellow tri top with red flowers on it and black shorts, so if you see me say Hi!
That's it til New Orleans.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck -- and have fun!

Missy said...

Yay, yay, yay - best of luck to you! Be safe, can't wait to hear about it!

Marci said...

Best of luck to you! Have fun :)

monicac2 said...

How exciting! Best of luck, and I can't wait to read all about it!!

jen said...

Good luck and have fun!!

david said...

Have safe trip...I know you will do great!

Ryan said...

Have a great race!!!!

Benson said...

Rock the house of the rising sun!
Good luck and nail it.

Kate said...

Just checked your tracker- great race!!!!