Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Week 11 of The Plan

I picked the training program I am using for the half iron because it included strength training. I know I need to do more toning so I wanted a plan that said what to do and when.
So here it is week 11 and yesterday was the first time I did the scheduled strength workout. So much for The Plan.
I know this is shocking to those of you that know me. Remember, I am the one who "if the plan says trip at mile six, I trip"???
I can make excuses but what is boils down to is I just haven't made the effort.
So this week I decided it is time to buckle down. gotta get in ALL the workouts. I paid for this plan, time to start following it.
Saturday was a 2:30 ride. I planned to do it outside but then it was colder the I thought and I wanted to get it over with. Ronnie wasn't home so I just did it on the trainer. The Plan called for hills so I did the Pedaling Strength DVD.
Sunday was back on the trainer for 45 minutes of easy spinning. I did the Carmichael DVD. Not exactly easy spinning but it was all small gear stuff.
Monday was hills per BT and speed per FIRST. I did my best to combine the two. Ran repeats on Jail Hill and Thrill Hill again. 6 miles in 57:18. Then I hit the pool for 2000 yards per BT.
Tuesday was the strength day. Nothing else. I was so tempted to sleep in and enjoy a rest day. I got up and use the weight set we have upstairs. I did all the required sets.
Today, I paid for yesterday. I had a 10 mile PMP run and a 1500 yard swim on schedule. I got up at 3:30 and went to the Rec Center. I decided to just run my 2 mile loop 5 times, I was feeling a little spooked this morning. This route includes Sage Hill but nothing that should have killed my pace. My hamstrings were tired and my pace was slow. 10 miles in 1:33:23. I kept with the slow trend and took 34:33 to swim my 1500 yards.
Tomorrow is an 1:15 trainer ride, Friday is a 15 mile run, and Saturday 2:30 bike that I hope to get outside for.
Well, I can't keep my eyes open any longer. It has been a LONG day.

8 comments:

TonyP said...

LOL - I'm like you. If the plan says throw up at mile 65, I throw up. :)

Holly Jane said...

You're having a great week! Hang in there! Your muscles will recover.... there's nothing wrong with a rest day ya know! :-) It's good for the soul!

Anonymous said...

Don't wear yourself out...from 3:30 am to 10 pm is a long day!

TriSonq said...

Hey Michele,

If you're in for a big group ride, the Friends of Warner Park is having a 50-miler on Saturday. You could bring up the whole Manchester/Tullahoma group.

There is also a 20-miler, but I'm not going to let you do that one. Ha!

Contact me if you need more info.

jen said...

You're doing great Michele, keep it up. :)

teacherwoman said...

Good luck following the schedule! Sometimes it's a bitch! :)

Lance Notstrong said...

Wow!!! When do you get a rest day?

MNFirefly said...

Nice job following the plan.