Thursday, January 29, 2009

Catching Up

It's been a week again so now I gotta try and play catch up.
So here is goes...
Last Friday was my long run. Goal was PMP + 45 seconds. I ran the 15 miles in 2:23:30. 30 lousy seconds OVER goal!!! Grrr, if I would have just checked that little dude on my Garmin I would have know he didn't have that much of a lead on me and I could have caught him. Oh well, that is for my BQ pace anyway and I still haven't decided if I am really going for the BQ at The Pig.
Then Saturday I rode the trainer for two and a half hours. Got in 43.45 miles. No land speed records broken but time in the saddle. I did a easy 20 minute run off afterwards. Then I got cleand up and we went to the Mach Tenn Winter Blues Party. Had a great time but drank too much so...
Sunday I did nothing. Skipped the hour and a half ride.
But all those extra carbs must have done me some good because Monday morning I got up early for speedwork and a swim. FIRST called for a ladder 1200, 1000, 800, 600, 400, and 200 all with 200 RI. I did the 10 minute warm up then started the first interval. 1200 at 7:53 pace. I walked VERY slowly for 200 then picked it back up again. 1000 at 7:32, walk, 800 at 7:29, walk, 600 at 7:21 (I was ready to puke now), walk, 400 at 7:06 (I didn't think I could even walk now), walked anyway, 200 at 6:19, walk and tried really hard not to puke then 10 minute cool down. I returned home and changed for the pool. I swam 2500 yards. When I got home I discovered Casey was sick so I ended up staying home with her.
Tuesday morning at 5:00 I rode the trainer for 16 miles in an hour.
Wednesday morning my alarm went off at 5 and I heard rain. I reset my alarm for 6:45. At 6:12 my phone beeped that I had a text message. School was closed. I got back in bed and turned off the alarm. I woke up and finished my book waiting on the rain to stop. Finally at about 11 the kids start yelling "It's snowing". I looked out the window and sure enough it is snowing pretty hard. I decided to go ahead and get my tempo run done. So I bribed the kids with webkinz, made sure they knew how to call me, and took off around the block. I did 1 mile easy, then 5 at mid tempo pace (should be 8:23)8:09, 8:21, 8:17, 8:23, 8:26, then 1 more easy. The kids did have to call me one time to let me know they were hungry.
Today was a rest day.
The alarm is set for 3:30am. The plan is 17 miles at PMP + 45 seconds.

3 comments:

Ron said...

I hadn't realized you had done all that this week. Where was I? Oh yeah, sleeping.

Anonymous said...

I'm the one who will have to catch up with you....this has been a "rest" week for me...that is no running week.:-(

monicac2 said...

3:30 a.m. WOW!