Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Merge

No, I have not been sick for a week and a half just super busy.
I have mentioned that we are redoing the floors. It has turned out to be a major project and eating up a lot of time. So I just haven't had time to blog. I have popped into blogs to keep up with what everyone is up to but comments have been few and far between because usually I am reading at work. shhhh don't tell the boss ;)
Anyway, the floor project has also caused me to miss a workout or two.
Brief catch up:
1/5 Monday sick
1/6 Tuesday sick
1/7 Wednesday trainer 1:00, run 5.54
1/8 Thursday rest day
1/9 Friday swim 3400 yds, trainer 2:30, run 1:00
1/10 Saturday trainer 1:00, weights
1/11 Sunday skipped
Ok so that brings us to this week. Marathon training started!!! I am using the FIRST program again because I am still training for the 70.3 in New Orleans so need the cross training. Also, I have run my best races using FIRST.
Monday was key workout #1 10 minute warm up, 3 x 1 mile with 1:00 RI, 10 minute cool down. I did my mile intervals in 8:11, 7:58, and 7:59.
Tuesday was cross training and BT plan called for a ride. 1:30 on the trainer listening to podcasts. I am all caught up with the ones I listen to so I think I am going to do download a book. I need something to keep my mind off the boredom of riding nowhere.
Today was key workout #2.2 miles easy, 2 miles ST (8:08), 2 miles easy. I ran the two tempo miles in 8:12 and 8:03. But, I did notice that my Garmin beeped a little later then usual for mile 3 but then was back on track at mile 4. So I am just taking an average and calling it right on track. After dropping the kids off at school I went to toning class where she gave us a major booty workout. I am going to feel that in the morning.
Tonight I am going to the new masters swim class they have started at the rec center. The class started Monday and is going to be every Monday and Wednesday. I talked to the instructor this morning after toning class and she said it would be fine for me to just come to the Wednesday class since I have kid shuffling duty on Mondays.
I have also committed to a few races (aka paid the fee) this week. I beat the price increase for the McMinnville Sprint Tri that they have moved to August this year and I went ahead and paid for the pig. I am also thinking about beating the first price increase this weekend and signing up for the Vegas marathon. They have been taken over by the Rock'nRoll series this year.
Almost time to go get kids, why is it work days go by so slow but off days fly by??

4 comments:

jen said...

Ooh I didn't know Rock and Roll took over Vegas. That should be cool!

Congrats on signing up for some races! I never feel like it's really happening until I've paid the fee.

Good luck with marathon training and the new master's class! I think we are starting masters next week... yikes.

Missy said...

I love Las Vegas...mmm, Blackjack. Oh yeah, and a marathon too. Sounds like your ready to get your swim on...just in time for the really cold weather:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah...we are on for the Pig! Hope the masters class works out. It will sure beat driving an hour to class.

Jill Ann said...

Can you email me and tell me what the BT and FIRST programs are ? And where I can find them??