Friday, January 16, 2009

Not because I planned it that way

We have been having one of the coldest winters and the forecast for this morning was 0-5 degrees. That is just not normal for us!
I got the text message yesterday at about 5pm that school would be closed today. Ugg!!! That messed up my running plans. Now I had to get up early and get my 13 miles in before Ronnie left for work. Lucky for me he didn't need to leave until about 8:45.
So I got up at 6 and put on layers of warmth. It wasn't enough. My butt turned to a big block of ice. As I was running I started to think about how long it had been since I ran more then 7 miles. I couldn't remember. Turns out it as back the first weekend of October. I ran 18 miles that day. I was really feeling it too. Good things my legs were numb.
I thought about quiting at 11.7 miles as I ran past my house but I practiced some mental toughness and finished out the 13 miles. Goal pace was marathon pace + 30 seconds. I guess the cold made me run a little faster and I finished with a 9:18 pace.

7 comments:

Ron said...

And I was pissed because my butt got cold sitting on my car seat.

Anonymous said...

It has been cold! Good job getting your run in!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

That is a great run, Michele! Awesome pace in that cold weather! I wouldn't have wanted to do 13 in that...4 was enough for me.

Missy said...

That is rrrock solid, literally! Way to go.

Marathon Maritza said...

Wow, now that's dedication! I would have definitely quit if I'd passed my house, so way to go on the mental toughness!!

Anonymous said...

It has been quite cold everywhere. Extra points for you to stick to it despite your cold bum.

monicac2 said...

Wow!

You ran that at my half-marathon PR pace!