Thursday, January 01, 2009

Reflections

2008 did not start out like I planned. Instead of kicking it off with half iron training, I was still chasing a sub four marathon.
I went to Birmingham for the Mercedes Marathon Feb 10. It was a hilly course and I finished in 4:07:45. Missed, AGAIN!!!
In March I got a PR at the Tom King Half Marathon. That gave my confidence the boost it needed and April 26th I ran the Country Music Marathon in 3:57:36. I could finally focus on training for the half iron I was signed up for in May.
I did an oly in Memphis mid May then went to Georgia May 31 for the Rock'nRollman. I ended up with a PR and a first place age group finish.
Then it was time to focus on Ironman.
I did 2 sprint distance tri's, an Olympic distance (turned duathlon), an actual duathlon and a century ride during the summer while training. I got some great hardware at each of the races and my first ever 1st place overall female award.
I put in a lot of miles, tapered, and went down to Florida for Ironman.
It was everything I hoped it would be and more. And I did better then I ever dreamed possible.
Since Nov 1st I have eaten more then I should and trained less. I have gained weight. Now 2008 is over.
It was a GREAT year. Here's hoping 2009 can be half as fun.
Happy New year!!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had a GREAT year....I know 2009 will be even better!

Missy said...

I keep beating myself up too but just remember all the hard word, early mornings, late nites and all the working out you did in 2008. A couple months off may not be a bad thing!

TJ said...

Happy New Year! Hope you have a great 2009!

Darrell said...

What a great year. It just go to show that sticking to it and never giving up is the best way.

Hope 2009 is a successful in every way.

jen said...

Congrats on an awesome 2008- sub-4 marathon, multiple awards, and you became an Ironman. :) Good luck in 2009!

monicac2 said...

You had a great year! And you were definitely an inspiration ... you trained like there was no tomorrow, and it paid off! Congrats again.

Lisa said...

What a GREAT year for you!
Don't sweat the holiday weight, you can sweat it off in '09 anyway.

Rae said...

Happy New Yr!!! I hope 09 is just as great as 08 was for you, although I doubt IM will be easy to beat!