Friday, February 27, 2009

I am keeping this short because I just popped the top on my second beer and I am trying not to blog under the influence (BUI).

So the week didn't get off to a good start. I did get up early for Monday's speed work and swim. BUT after the warm up and 2 of the 800's I knew I wasn't going to make it. The third 800 had me passing my house and I ran right up the driveway.

Tuesday I went ahead and planned to sleep in and do my ride that night while watching Biggest Loser. An hour and a half got me 25.55 miles.

Wednesday morning I did my tempo run. 8 miles with 6 at tempo pace (8:38). I missed pace for the fist tempo mile and ran it at 8:40. But I made up for it on the other 5. 8:02, 8:32, 8:13, 8:08, and 8:25. After taking the kids to school I went to toning class and the "squat queen" did her job. Wednesday night was swim class and we had a small turn out so I got to swim in the fast lane. We ended up with 2000 yards.

Thursday was rest day.

Today I got up at 4:15 and ran 13 miles. Goal pace was PMP + 15 seconds. So for a BQ pace that would be 9:02. It started raining after one mile then rained on and off the rest of the run. I ended up running the 13 in 1:56:12 (8:56 pace). Cha Ching money in the bank!!! I got the kids up and to school and then hit the pool. 4500 yards. Ugg. As I was swimming I had two old men tell me I made it look so easy, that I was their hero. I told them that they set their standards too low but was feeling pretty good about my stroke. THEN...my swim coach showed up. She pointed out all the things I was doing wrong. I finished up my swim trying to do all the things she told me. So much to think about.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Yeah, my coach tore me up the other day too AND then got in thie pool to swim next to me. I felt like such a dork. I think she lapped me on a 100. I know, I know, Olympic athlete, blah, blah, blah but it was bitter!

Marci said...

Your numbers for the week look great! 4500 yards in the pool... I agree UGH to that!

Marathon Maritza said...

Wow, you had a great week! Great job, especially on that 13 mile PMP run!!! Whooooo!!!