Saturday, January 12, 2008

I chose to run

Last night was my turn to host Bunko. So yesterday, after dropping the kids at school, I went to Wal-mart to buy the stuff to make. When I got home, I looked around my house. It was not "company ready". I really needed to dust, mop the kitchen, pick up Lego's...but I also needed to run 17 miles.
I debated about it for a few minutes then changed and ran. 17 miles in 2:48:18.
I don't know what has happened to those nice 9:15 paced runs but yesterday I was just glad to be done.
It was colder then I thought so it took a while to warm up. The sun only made a few brief appearances, otherwise it was cloudy and windy. I had a few run ins with dogs but the biggest, scariest dog just stood in his yard and watched me run by. My nose ran the entire time. I have never had to deal with so much snot.
After running, I got cleaned up, got the kids, and cooked.
The Bunko group got there. They had to walk around Lego's but I got my run in so it was worth it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Running is always the "correct" choice in my book! I, too, seem to be slowing down. Let just say it is a seasonal disorder :-)

MNFirefly said...

Nice job, Michele. The house may have not been perfect, but you got those miles done.

Darrell said...

You need a non-running spouse at home to take care of those things while you are out running. ;-)

Besides with all the bunco action what's a few dust bunnies and legos among friends?

Holly Jane said...

Nice choice! Way to bust out a big 17!

Lisa said...

Great job and choice Michele!

Di said...

dusting is WAAAAAYYYYY overated. When y'all come down to Tampa - don't be surprised if you see a little dust....lol