Friday, January 25, 2008

TGIF and it is date night!!!

Ronnie and I have not been out w/o kids in months. So when two of my friends called yesterday to tell me that another friend’s band is playing tonight, I got right on the phone to find a sitter. Can’t wait!!!!

But in the mean time...I got up at 4:30 this morning and ran . It was 11 degrees. BRRRRR. Shot bloks frozen again, but not my eye lashes.

Plan called for 13 miles at marathon pace.

No easy route for me, nooooooooo! I had to include Cracker Barrel Hill, Jail Hill, and Sage Hill. Gotta get ready for Birmingham.

Even with those hills I managed to finish in 1:58:01, 9:05 pace.

Have a great weekend everybody!!

10 comments:

Wes said...

I don't know how you get up so early all the time! I'm so not a morning person.

Have a great date night!!!

Marathon Maritza said...

I officially feel like a wimp for not wanting to get up early and run in 35-40 degree weather. Great job!

Have an awesome date night!

Holly Jane said...

Awesome run!!! You rocked it!

Anonymous said...

WOW...great run. I'm going to have trouble keeping up with you in B'ham.

Enjoy the night out.

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on getting your run done.

Have fun tonight!

Lisa said...

If I were a betting woman, U & David will get PRs in Birmingham. :)

Brooke said...

Have fun on your date night!

Kate said...

You rock! Nice job on the hills :-)
Hope you had a nice date night!

Christine said...

wow!! Great pace..and so early....and so cold!! If you can do that..you can definitely rock out your marathon!

monicac2 said...

You are really doing a great job - I can't believe you're up so early and in those FUH-REEZING temps.!!!

Also, I read the blog of another woman who is running in Birmingham. She also had a disappointing recent marathon and is looking to kick Birmingham's butt:

http://www.seezannerun.com