Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Toast

Man, my legs are toast!

I have been trying to include more hills in my running this week and I am paying for it. But the good news is...I think I have just about kicked this cough.

The week didn't start out so good...
Sunday I ran 6 miles on the nice flat route by my house. Then I made the long haul to Brentwood for swim class. It was sign up day and it was packed. It was great to be back and I really look forward to making a lot of improvement on my swim this year.

But Sunday night I didn't sleep well and coughed all night.

Then Monday morning, it was warmer out and I couldn't stop coughing. I made it 1.1 miles then threw in the towel. I felt like crap all day.

Monday night I slept much better.

Tuesday morning, I ran from my house up Cracker Barrel Hill, up Jail Hill and up Thrill Hill. I had planned on a 12 mile out and back, but at the top of Thrill Hill I was only at about 5.5. There was an alarm going off in the distance and it isn't the best part of town so I turned around anyway. To make up the distance, I ran down Jail Hill and turned around and ran right back up it. Back down and then back to home.

This morning, I drove to the Rec Center then ran a 5 mile loop that included running up Jail Hill and up Sage Hill. After the run, I went to toning class. My legs were so tired the squats just about killed me!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your cough is better.

You've got me scared with this hill thing!

jen said...

That's a lotta hills. You rock. Glad you are finally feeling better. :)

Lisa said...

Sounds like you got in every hill in Manchester. You go girl!
Lets run Percy Warner sometime and then see how bad we can hurt.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Wow - that's some serious hillage!!! You're going to be stronger for all that for sure!

TriSonq said...

Hey Michele,

Don't wear yourself out before tri season starts.

Which swim class are you in? Is it at the Williamson County Rec? My friend Sarah (you met her at some tris last year) is taking the beginning swim class.

Let's try to schedule some rides when it gets warm.

One more, are you doing Gulf Coast this year?

Ryan said...

I think it was funny that you were afraid to run past an alarm but gleefully bound up "jail hill."

Darrell said...

Love the hill names. Are they yours or on the map that way?

Like Ryan, I found the combination of alarm and Jail Hill kinda funny.

Benson said...

If those hills didn't kill you, you are stronger. Yes you are.