Friday, June 13, 2008

Bonnaroo is here!!!


Yesterday I met my friend Tracy at the Rec Center to ride. She lives on one of the main access roads to Bonnaroo so she figured getting out on her bike Thursday would be the best way to get a workout in. We rode one of our normal routes and other then a few cars and RVs on 41 going out of town??? there was no signs of a major music fest. That is until we got back to town!!! There the cars were lined up on the highway to get in. I dropped Tracy off at her street to fight her way home and I left the traffic again and head to my house. I ended up with just over 31 miles.

This morning I got up and ran the 5 miles to the Rec Center, swam 1750 yards, and then ran the 5 miles home. I was soaked from the swim and must have been looking really rough because one of the ticker scaplers at the interstate asked me if I wanted some ice water. I declined but was sure wishing I had it a few more miles down the road.

I am not going to Bonnaroo but it sure is fun having all these people in town. I love living in a small town but it gives us the "big city" feel for a week. That's enough for me.

2 comments:

Rae said...

Have fun at Bonnaroo! It's amazing how huge it is, they showed an aerial view on the news. You'll have to do another run through there this weekend and take some shots for us!

jen said...

The first time I heard of Bonnaroo was last year on your blog, and I've heard of it a lot lately! They are giving away tickets with flight and accomodations on the radio. I must not have been paying attention before!

That run-swim-run sounds fun. :)