Monday, June 16, 2008

Looking Like an Idiot

I am determined to follow this plan as close as I can. I hope in doing so I will arrive at the start line ready and able to finish. I don't understand why I have to do some of this stuff but I am trusting The Plan.

So this morning I ran for 20 minutes nice and slow, keeping my heart rate in zone 1-2. Then I went to the pool to work on form. I swam the 3000 yards also nice and slow. But I felt good doing it.

This afternoon, I did the scheduled plyometrics. I felt like an idiot but I did it. 2 sets of 50 jump ropes. Nothing bad there. I did have to buy a jump rope to do it though. After that it got silly. First I had to skip. 3 set of 50 skips. Ronnie came outside and laughed at me and said I should have waited until dark so the neighbors couldn't see me. After skipping, it was hopping. Two foot hops then one foot hops. I hopped around the pool and was just glad I didn't fall in. After the hops it was bench jumps. I did them on the back step. The Plan said this all should have taken 45 minutes. It didn't take me anywhere near that long. Maybe I rushed too much for fear of being seen??? Next time I am doing them in the dark.

3 comments:

jen said...

Oh fun! I would love to jump rope but since I live in an apartment (second floor) I have no place to do it. I suppose I could go all-out-idiot and do it at a park or something. Hmmm, maybe I will.

Wait a minute, riding your bike, swimming, jumping rope, are you sure you aren't 9 years old? :P Man triathlon is awesome.

Jill Ann said...

I volunteered at a school recently in PE class...and could not jump rope or do hopscotch. So...those plyometrics are strengthening your hip flexors and ad/abductors! Mine are horribly weak!!

So, yea, keep doing the silly stuff...and you'll be in butt kickin' shape by 11/01/08!!!

I'm going to buy a jump rope now. Ciao!

Ryan said...

If you do them consistently people will just think of you as that crazy woman training for Ironman.

But watch, soon they'll be doing them too, and you will be SUPERCOOL!