Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Last Chance to Slack

Training starts Sunday so this is my last week of slacking. I took full advantage this morning.
I planned to swim. The alarm went off at 5:30. I got up, peed, took of my PJs, got on the scale, decided I was too tired, put back on my PJs, and slept for another hour.
I am so exhusted from the weekend. One of my friends had her 40th birthday party Saturday night in Memphis. The kids and I drove down Friday. Angie and I stayed up drinking beer and catching up til late. Then I got up about 8:00am with a hangover and ran 7 miles in the heat. Spent the day by the pool and the night drinking again. Sunday I got up early and went to my friend Dawn's house. She was nice enough to keep my kids for me while I partied. Dawn and I hung out and drank wine. We tried to play some Wii Ski but didn't do too good, could have been the wine. Monday morning I got up and drove home.
These two weeks aren't just about drinking and eating. That has been a large part of it but I have done some training too.
The Sunday after the race I did nothing.
Monday evening I did ab ripper and back/chest weights.
Tuesday morning trainer ride 13 miles
Wednesday morning 3 mile run and toning class
Thursday morning 1500 yard swim
Friday morning 10.5 mile trainer ride and ab ripper
Then it was the party weekend with only the 7 mile run on Saturday.
Monday afternoon when I got home I did a 25.12 mile ride. It was 94 and sunny but I loved it!
Tuesday morning 6 mile run and ab ripper that evening.
Today was the skipped swim. I still plan to do weights tonight, maybe.
Tomorrow I ride and Friday I run. Saturday is still up in the air, maybe a final rest day.
I have enjoyed the lack of schedule and just doing a little something whenever I feel like it, but I am ready now. Time to get back to business. I am back on track with my diet and ready to start "The Plan".

No comments: