Friday, June 27, 2008

Puppy

I am a dog person. I love dogs, especially puppies.
But when I am on my bike or running, I am not such a fan. On the bike I am worried about getting knocked over and ruining I worry about tripping on the dog (I have done this and it is not fun).
This morning I got up at 3:20. My alarm was set for 3:30 but for some reason I just woke up a 3:20. It wasn't worth trying to sleep for 10 minutes, so I went ahead and got up.
I ran the required 1:50. For the last 2 miles I was joined by a puppy. He was super cute, but he wanted to play. He kept jumping up at my hands and feet. I just knew I was going to trip over him. Lucky for both of us, we made it home without incident.
I went inside and changed then went to the pool. Puppy chased my car down the street to the stop sign.
I swam the required 1700 yards. I actually enjoyed this swim. Slow swimming was required for most of it.
When I pulled into my neighborhood, I saw Ronnie out running and guess who was tagging along?? Cute little puppy. He ran all 6 miles with Ronnie and still had energy to jump all over me when I walked down the driveway.
The puppy was gone by the time I got home from work. Hope he made it home safely.

No comments: