Saturday, June 21, 2008

Week One is Done

While I finished my first week of ironman training, there are others preparing to toe the line tomorrow. Good Luck! Look forward to spending the day tracking.

I got reminded this week just how bad my swim is. Wednesday I had to do a 1000 yard time trial. It took me 19:27 and I could NOT have gone any faster. Then Friday I had to do 4000 yards - 500 swim, 500 pull, 10 x 50 on 1:00, 5 x 100 on 2:00, repeat. The 50's and 100's just turned into 500s. I couldn't swim fast enough to get even 5 seconds of rest between sets. I know part of my problem is I don't do flip turns and I lose time at the wall. The only other problem is that I am just slow.

My other workouts have been uneventful, just the way I like them. I logged all the time the plan called for and did all the workouts. Ok some I had to improvise on like the stretching on Thursday. I didn't know what they wanted so I did the xstretch DVD and the ab DVD that came with Ronnie's P90X. I need to do more stretching. I am so stiff and unflexible.

This week was a high swim volume week and it looks like next is a little more running.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You haven't seen slow until you see my numbers!

MNFirefly said...

Nice effort this week especially during the first week of training.

IronTriTim said...

And so it begins, week one out of the way.:-)

jen said...

Good job on the first week! :)

Tammy said...

That's not a bad swim time, and I find flip turns actually slow me down.