Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Computer Failure

After my ride Friday, I cleaned my bike all up and got her all nice and shiny. Ready to make her racing debut this weekend in Memphis.
Monday I put her on the trainer for an hour ten of hills. I noticed right off that the computer wasn't working. I tried to adjust things but it only worked for a total of 23 minutes of the ride. I didn't have time to mess with it anymore and then forgot about it. Messing with the computer put me behind so I decided to wait and do my swim Monday night. Doing it in the morning, I would have had to cut it short anyway but by waiting until evening I got all 3200 yards in.
Tuesday I had a speed run. 8 x 400. I discovered that the "hoop" in my subdivision is just over a quarter of a mile. The one minute recovery was enough time to get me back to start of the hoop and off I went again.
Today I had another hour on the trainer. I had set my bike up last night and thought I got the computer working again. It only worked for a total of 4 minutes. I don't know what is wrong with the stupid thing or how I am going to race without it.

4 comments:

TonyP said...

Best of luck this weekend in Memphis !

jen said...

Hmmm no ideas on the computer. I'm sure you'll do great in the tri though, maybe you will surprise yourself by pacing just by feel.

Lisa said...

Good Luck in Memphis!

IronTriTim said...

You weren't the only one with computer issues this week, me too. However mine was only a battery issue. Gemma is still wondering why the remote control has stopped working ;-)