Sunday, May 04, 2008

Cut Short

Yesterday afternoon I went to the pool at 3:00 giving myself plenty of time to get in the 3600 yard swim before the pool closed at 4:45.
It was a speed workout and I was having a pretty good swim. The warm up went well and I did each 100 faster then the one before it. I was halfway done with my 4th 300 when I got stopped by the lifeguards and told I had to get out. Some kid had puked in the pool. I had only gotten 2200 yards done so I asked one of the lifeguards how long the pool would be closed. He told me until they could get it cleaned up. I stood there a few minutes before deciding I really didn't want to swim in a pool with puke. I mean how where they going to clean that up?? So I went into the locker run and changed for my run. Plan called for 80 minutes of hills. I felt pretty good but the downhills still hurt a little. Got in 8.6 miles, 9:18 pace.

This morning was a 45 minute easy spin. I did it on my trainer before church. I still have abs to do later but it is beautiful out and I am going outside to enjoy the day with my kids.

8 comments:

Holly Jane said...

OMG. That is a great excuse for me to never take up the sport of swimming. :-/ Great job on the post marathon workouts!!! It was Tuesday before I was able to move.

IronTriTim said...

At least they can see the kids puking in the pool, its the peeing.... :-)

Lisa said...

Didn't Lana see poop there? ha!

Rae said...

Oh gross!!! What is wrong with people???!!! You need a lap pool at home! =)

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Dammit!!! And I was swimming there Sunday...ugh. Great run, by the way - I'd say with a 9:18 pace you are officially recovered!

Benson said...

Oh icky. I hope all is clean now. Good job on the run and being so disciplined with training. Keep er going.

MNFirefly said...

Oh Ewwwww! That's definitely a good reason to cut the workout short.

Eric said...

Gross!!! Puke in the pool. Hope he got you our really quick before it had time to spread :-)