Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Week already????

Man, time is flying.

First off big congrats to Lana, Mike, Holly, Heather, Tim, Kevin, Lee, and Patrick on their outstanding performances down in Panama City. I am so happy for all of them. Great races in some tough conditions.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom (I don't think she reads this but...) and all the other moms out there. I am going to enjoy a lazy afternoon and then have a big cheat night and pig out on some oh so bad food and drink. mmmmm can't wait.

This week was a recovery week with lots of zone 1/zone 2 work. Well, except for Monday. I thought when I finished FIRST, I was done with Monday morning speedwork. Surprise. Monday morning I was right back at it. 5 minute warm up, 4 x 2 minute sprints with 2 minute recovery and a 5 minute cool down. Then off to the pool for 2050 yards. The swim was suppose to be longer but I had to get home.
Tuesday started the easy stuff. 45 minute easy spinning on the trainer and ab ripper DVD.
Wednesday was 30 minutes of easy "pretty running". I did go to toning class even though I am not suppose to be doing strength training any more. She made me pay for skipping class so much.
Thursday I did ab ripper again and then swam 2300 yards. The swim was less then the plan called for again but all I had time for.
Friday the plan called for 3:30 ride on terrain similar to the race course. I have not been to Macon, GA but the website says "rolling" so that it what I did. I got in 60.85 miles with the last 5 as loops around my neighborhood because I did NOT want to go any longer then I had to.
Saturday and Sunday more "pretty running". This time 1:30 and 0:45. I also did the ab ripper DVD this morning after the run.

Well, off to enjoy the rest of my Mother's Day laziness and then pig out. Have a great day!!!

3 comments: