Saturday, May 24, 2008

Where's the Taper

Here I am a week after Memphis and a week out from Georgia and I am ready to taper. I would have thought this week would have been the start but it was still a high volume week.
Monday-one hour easy spin on trainer and 1500 yard swim
Tuesday-40 min run and ab ripper
Wednesday- 2500 yard swim and 80 min trainer ride
thursday-ab ripper
Friday- 4000 yard swim, 2:30 bike outside, and a 15 min run off
Saturday-45 min run
I don't have milage on the indoor bike rides because my computer is still not working. I have tried everything but can NOT get the stupid thing to work, so I ordered a new one. Hope it gets here this week, I have to have numbers in Georgia.
Numbers...there is one number that has not been good this week. I promised myself after the weekend of splugeing on bad food and beer in memphis I was going to be good until race day. I made it 4 days. I haven't been terrible like I was in Memphis, but I haven't stayed on plan either. So for the next week when training volume is down my diet has to be on track. I gotta get off these 3 extra pounds before race day.
I am not nervous about the race yet. I know I can go the distance. I might not be able to PR but I feel good about being able to finish. I am more worried about going down alone then about the actual race. I have never been to a race that I haven't know someone there. It is going to be weird. But it is kind of exciting too. Time completely to myself, a luxuary I don't often have.
Hope everyone has a great long weekend. It is suppose to be beautiful here. Pool and sun all weekend. Just gotta watch the beers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will do great... enjoy the weekend.

MNFirefly said...

Enjoy the taper.

Jill Ann said...

You will do great and probably PR in GA. Also, you may be able to look at the race entrant list and see who is going also. Last year there were about 10 or so Nvillians...and one of them was a E Nash neighbor. Folks there are really friendly...Just get in your groove and enjoy the race...it's a really good one!!

Phil said...

Back to back tri's ... you really are an Iron Woman.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

You are going to do great in Georgia! Racing with friends is a lot of fun, but there's something to be said for time alone too. Both experiences are fun in and of themselves. Just relax and enjoy it!!

I would love to go down and cheer, but our next few weekends are filled with ballgames as you might expect.