Monday, October 06, 2008

Final Push

Well this is it...the final week of training before taper.
Saturday was an hour easy bike followed by 4000 yard swim. It was beautiful out and super hard to make myself go inside to the pool. I got there about 2:30 and there was another birthday party going on. I hate swimming during open swim time anyway but add in a party and it is awful. Saturday I had kids playing in the lap lanes. Never mind they had the whole rest of the pool, they still wanted to play in the lane I was swimming in. I ran into a kid once while doing kick on my back. Then they got the idea that it would be fun to splash me. So every time I got to that end of the pool they would start splashing. They also moved my Ziploc bag with my workout in it to the next lane.
Sunday was another easy 1 hour bike this time followed by a 15 minute run. I got chased by several dogs on the bike. I am so sick of dogs and I am a dog lover.
Today was 1:20 on the trainer followed by a 4000 yard swim. No dogs and no kids today!!! Both workouts were uneventful, just the way I like them.

Last week I noticed my race wheels needed air. I overinflated the rear tire and pow it exploded. I tried to change the tube but it was taking too long so I just put it aside. So yesterday I decided I need to get it changed. I could NOT get the tire back on the wheel. I was ready to throw the stupid thing out the window. When Ronnie got home, I asked him to give it a shot while I went and rode. When I got back he had the tire on. Today I tried to inflate it. No luck. I got out the instructions and discovered I was suppose to put plumbers tape on the stem. So I took the tire off again. Ronnie came home just as the wheel was about to go out the window. He showed me how he did it. After much effort and a scratch in the zipp decal, I was finally able to get the tire on. I got it inflated but it isn't acting right. I am going to put the race wheels on for a ride soon to make sure it holds air and doesn't give me any problems. Sure don't want to wait until race day to discover I have problems.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy this last week before the taper....you are almost there...you are going to do GREAT in Florida!

TJ said...

I'd be riding those suckers from now until race day to make sure they are good to go. :)

Rae said...

I know you have to be excited about tapering! You have trained SO hard and will certainly be rewarded!

Darrell said...

Maybe time to visit the LBS to be sure the tire is taken care of.

Just think of the little gremlins in the pool as mental focus training.

Taper away!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Yeah, I'd probably take it to Moab and let them make it sure everything is right with the wheel. IMFL is too close for comfort.