Sunday, October 12, 2008

Taper is not going to be as easy as I thought

Some stuff I forgot to mention about yesterdays ride:
I rode my race wheels. After all the trouble I had getting the tube changed, I figured I better ride them a few times before Florida and make sure they are good to go. They were fine, no issues.
I also wore the shirt and shorts I was thinking about for race day. I have worn the shorts before but the top is new and I wanted to give it a test run. No chaffing. So I guess that top is a go.
The shorts do ride low and the top is a little on the short side. So I had this area in the small of my back exposed all day. It got FRIED!!!! Note to self, don't forget to sunscreen back.
I ate
-1.5 pb&j sandwiches made with sugar free jelly and PB2
-1 small box of raisins
-16 fig newtons
-snack size ziploc bag of pretzel sticks
-80 oz of Nuun water

Last night I made lasagna and garlic bread and played Wii til 11:30. Man do I suck, I was dead last in EVERY game we played.
Then this morning I got up early and rode 20.68 miles in 1:16. It was beautiful out and I really enjoyed the ride.
I thought with taper starting this week would be an easy week. But I have two doctor appointments, a dentist appointment for me and another for the kids, 5 hours at Sylvan, gymnatic, boy scouts, church youth group, and Ronnie is going on a golf trip. I also have to try to find some time to work. My workouts are going to have to be shifted around again.

2 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Stupid sun.

Enjoy the week!

Missy said...

Time management, the fourth discipline. Taper, taper, taper:)